Sunday 26 September 2010

Ghost Of A Rose

Promise me- when you see a white rose, you'll think of me.

There is little left to say now. We are at a crossroads, and I fear we shall each choose a solitary path. I'll never forget you, and I mean that. A wandering bard, out of time, out of place in this busy, fussy world. This human, alien world.

The truth is that for as long as I follow you, I'll be subjected to torment that I have not the strength to withstand. I can't put myself through that. Not anymore. Not if I have a choice.

What we had was a fairytale, wasn't it? Beautiful, and so full of magic. Fairytales don't last. And now the year grows old, and I grow weary of pretending. My 'happy' face begins to fade. The light of the evenstar grows dim. In the growing darkness I see more despair- I must find a new light and cling to it before it's too late. I beg you do the same. I don't want you to be lost. Please do that for me.

Promise me?

When you see a white rose, think of me...

EM

No comments:

Post a Comment