Sunday 14 August 2011

The Windmills Of My Mind

The knight has fled to a faraway land, in search of greener grass and richer bounties. He lives now in a humble nest, with his page, and a feline companion. He needed a new beginning, a clean slate- but I wish he hadn't left...

I now spend my time alone, thinking much too hard about things I want to forget. Too many ghosts in my head, all howling, all shrieking. I scream back at them until I'm quaking from my very core. These demons of my own creation fill me with dread, and won't leave me be. In the light it's not so bad and I can push them aside for the most part. It's at night that I'm afraid. I don't know how they control me, they should have no power, and yet they terrify me to the point where I hate myself for giving them life at all.


No comments:

Post a Comment