Monday 22 March 2010

The First Of Many, I suppose...

Well, I should have tried harder...

A knight in rusty armour rides off into the sunset with a princess. That princess is not me.
As the healer, I can only sit back and watch him go. I fall to my knees, and pray that he will be okay. I worry that his heart will not fare so well in her hands this time... but I must have faith. That's what I'm here for. To be strong. To be strong for him.

Is it wrong that I feel I have lost something? I still have a friend, I think?! I don't like watching him go. It makes me cry a little inside. He doesn't think he's going, but I see it happening from day to day. One day, we won't speak at all, and no amount of preparation will stop the hurt that I'm going to feel.

I resign myself to be the 'back-up plan', for I know it's the best offer I have...

No comments:

Post a Comment