Sunday 31 October 2010

I remember Halloween...

I've never not felt like a Misfit myself. I guess I just picked the short straw somewhere between this life and the previous. You would think I'd be used to the disappointment by now, but alas, I'm not. I constantly build myself up, and then get completely crushed by those who presume to be 'friends'. Turns out I don't actually have any friends. Not even the knave. No one can sense that there's something wrong again. The switch has flipped. The waterworks begin.

Somewhere, he escapes to another land. It isn't any land that I know of, so I refuse to join him. Tonight I am feeling too fragile for grand adventures. Instead I sit alone in my chamber, and wish that he would notice- not that that would make a mark of difference, to either of us. I was tempted for a moment to forsake my bed, and head over to his castle, but I know that I wouldn't enjoy myself, and could probably damage his good mood in the process. I'm sure I have a bottle of wine around here somewhere...

And then, what's this? My Lancelot appears. A stranger from a distant land, whom I know so well, and yet not at all. He doesn't know magick as such, but he's the type to hold it in respect. He sometimes treats me as lady, but he can be crude. I quite like it at times, and then feel bad for liking it. I know he will never by my king either. That idea I am now quite used to.

Anyway... Happy Halloween you freaks

No comments:

Post a Comment