Monday 8 November 2010

Nonsense

So... what is it that you could want from me now? I cannot understand the way you work, you peculiar little man.

Sometimes all it takes is for me to be a little brave, a little reckless, before I find myself in an almost happy place. I went adventuring alone, this weekend. And what happened was amazing. I'm not sure how I managed it, but I must have been glowing radiant... drawing the attention of six men all at once. I'm no siren.

The night went well anyway, causing drunken mischief wherever I went... I felt far more pixie than elfin maid. Don't tell the grown-ups. I was out on the dance floor, the belle of the ball, when that all too familiar feeling swelled up inside. The knave was close, and I could sense him before I could even see him.

to be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment